Can a Chromebook be used with LockDown Browser and Respondus Monitor? (Higher Ed)
Posted by Respondus Support
A Chromebook extension for LockDown Browser is available for exams delivered in Canvas, Blackboard Learn, D2L Brightspace, Schoology and Moodle. This solution is for student-owned and also managed devices.|
The LockDown Browser Chromebook extension also supports Respondus Monitor (except in Schoology), an automated proctoring system used at over 1,000 colleges and universities.
The Server Profile Setting
The LockDown Browser for Chromebook setting is enabled by default for all Respondus Server profiles. This profile-level setting can be disabled, if desired, and doing so will prohibit Chromebooks from being used for any exam that requires LockDown Browser.
Once you enable LockDown Browser to be used for a quiz, the LockDown Browser for Chromebook quiz-level setting is also automatically enabled....just like how it's done with LockDown Browser for Windows and Mac.
Installing the Chromebook Extension
To install the new extension to a student-owned Chromebook, students will need to use the regular LockDown Browser installation link for your school (they will NOT be able to search for the app directly from the Chrome web store.) The LockDown Browser installation link will direct students to the Chrome web store, at which point they should select “Add to Chrome” to install the LockDown Browser Extension.
With managed Chromebooks, students will need to have the necessary permissions to install Chrome extensions, or the extension will need to be pushed to their Chromebooks via the Google Admin Suite. Instructions on how to do this can be found by logging on to Respondus Admin Area, and downloading the administrator guide titled "Managed Chromebooks."
To obtain technical support, or to report a bug/issue, open a support ticket at https://support.respondus.com/
Limitations and/or known issues with LockDown Browser for Chromebook:
- Quiz passwords (specified via the "optional password" field in the LockDown Browser Dashboard) aren’t currently supported for exams that use only LockDown Browser. For exams requiring Respondus Monitor, the optional password field is supported.
- LockDown Browser’s Calculator and Spreadsheet features aren’t currently supported
- The extended keyboard functions (for adding symbols and special characters) isn’t currently available
- LockDown Browser’s “Help Center” is currently unavailable, and there is no Live Chat support for students taking exams that require Respondus Monitor.
- "Allow access to specific external web domains" option is currently not supported
- (Brightspace) Pop-ups need to be enabled in Chrome for the server otherwise the student gets stuck on the "Start Quiz" page. Please refer to this article.
- (Canvas) “Google Chrome OS can’t open this page” error will occur. Click the "close" button on the error, and you should be able to proceed.
- (Canvas) Exam feedback for "classic" quizzes is not compatible yet, if viewed at a later time. Feedback is viewable if seen in the same LockDown Browser session that the exam was taken in.