The iPad Edition of "LockDown Browser" available from iTunes enables a student to use an iPad to take exams that require LockDown Browser. However, your instructor must first select a setting that permits the use of iPads for the exam and your school's learning management system must be compatible. The LockDown Browser iPad app is not compatible with Sakai LMS servers. All Sakai users will need to use a computer with a compatible operating system. More details can be seen here.
A student should follow these steps to take an exam with the iPad Edition of LockDown Browser:
- Download and install the "LockDown Browser" app from Apple iTunes to the iPad. (Requires iOS 7 or higher.)
- Enable iPad's "Guided Access" by selecting iPad > Settings > General > Accessibility > Guided Access. Turn on Guided Access and set a passcode (you need to remember this passcode to exit Guided Access after an exam). The setup for Guided Access only needs to be done once.
- Start the LockDown Browser app. (If you are using Schoology, there's no need to start the app first. Rather, log on to Schoology using Safari and then press "Begin Test/Quiz" to launch the LockDown Browser app.)
- The first time the app is used, you will be prompted to select your institution and server. (Schoology users can skip this step.) If you later need to change the institution or server, select the settings icon on the toolbar for the LockDown Browser app.
- Triple-press the iPad home button to start Guided Access and enter LockDown Browser. If you are not prompted to enter your password, triple-press the iPad home button, enter your password and then on the Guided Access screen press "Resume" in the upper right.
- After completing the exam, triple-press the home button and enter the passcode to exit Guided Access.
- Press the Home button again to return to the Home page.