If your microphone is not working correctly during a LockDown Browser session, the following steps may help resolve the problem:
1. First, reboot your computer. Once restarted, close down all other applications on your computer other than LockDown Browser. It's essential that you ensure that no applications that may use a microphone (such as Skype, Facetime, Google+ and various utilities that may come with the webcam) are running.
2. Ensure you have the latest version of PPAPI Flash installed. To obtain this, go to: https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/
* choose your operating system
* choose ""FPnn for Opera and Chromium - PPAPI" (where nn=the current version number of the Flash plugin.)
3. Turn your computer's volume up all the way.
4. Mac Mojave users should also ensure they've granted the necessary permissions for the camera and mic to be used by LockDown Browser. See this article.
5. Open LockDown Browser, log in to your institution's learning management system, and navigate to a course. Then click on the "Help Center" icon in the upper toolbar.
6. Click on the button titled "Run Webcam Check." If your camera and microphone are detected and work properly in this check, then they should also work in the pre-exam webcam check.
7. If you still don't hear your recording, then click "it's not working" and follow the steps in the troubleshooter.
8. If problems persist, we recommend you hook up an external microphone to your computer and try the above steps again. Most external USB webcams come with a built-in microphone, so using one of these is a good troubleshooting step.
If these troubleshooting steps do not succeed, you may have to use another computer for your exams.