1. To use ChromeOS dictation with Respondus LockDown Browser, it must first be enabled:
- At the bottom right, select the time. Or press Alt + Shift + s.
- Select Settings .
- At the bottom, select Advanced.
- In the "Accessibility" section, select Manage accessibility features.
- Under "Keyboard and text input," turn on Enable dictation (speak to type).
2. After enabling dictation, navigate to your exam
3. After your exam loads, press Search + d and say what you want to type.
4. If you would like to disable the microphone so the text is no longer inserted with your voice, press Search + d again.
Note: The Speak cannot be accessed via the ChromeOS taskbar during a secured exam. Students must use Search + d to activate the microphone for inserting text.