VDP Source has been known to cause performance issues during exams requiring Respondus Monitor (the webcam feature of LockDown Browser.) As a result, it is necessary to first remove the software in order to proceed with a Monitor-required exam. You can use the steps outlined in the attached PDF to help determine if VDP Source is installed on your computer.
If it is installed on your computer, when taking an exam that requires Respondus Monitor, you may see this error message:
The Bluetooth VDP Source Webcam must be uninstalled from your computer to use the webcam feature of LockDown Browser.
Once completed, restart LockDown Browser.
To remove the Bluetooth VDP Source software, please follow the below steps. It is very important to not remove any software other than what is mentioned below. To do otherwise could negatively impact your computer's performance.
1) Go to Windows Control Panel and find the listing of your installed programs. This can be done via Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features. Click on "uninstall a program."
2) In the program listing that appears, look for “Intel(R)PROSet/Wireless Software for Bluetooth(R) Technology." Right click on this program and select "Change".
3) You will see a welcome screen from INTEL, inviting you to proceed into the setup wizard. To accept, click "Next."
4) You will be presented with a window titled "Change, Repair or Remove Installation." Choose "Remove" and click "Next."
5) Accept any confirmation windows that appear by clicking "OK."
6) Reboot your computer.
After following these steps, the program should be removed from your computer and the error should be resolved.