Symptom: You are not able to download the LockDownBrowser-xxx-yy.exe setup file (where "xxx-yy" is the version number), or when you run it you see a message indicating that it is not a Windows application.
Solution 1: Try downloading the setup file using a different browser, such as Firefox or Google Chrome.
Solution 2: Make sure that antivirus or security software is not interfering with the download. For example, some security software will change the file extension for .EXE files. So, the installer can’t be run until the file is renamed back to “LockDownBrowser-xxx-yy.exe”.
If you are still unable to download the LockDown Browser installer or run it, these steps will resolve most causes of the problems:
1. Directly log into the Windows computer as a local administrator with full rights. Do not use "Switch User" or a "Remote Desktop" access.
2. Temporarily relax all security software. Afterwards, restore your security software to its normal status.
3. Download the LockDown Browser installer intended for your institution.
4. Run the installer and accept the prompts to modify or repair LockDown Browser.
5. Start LockDown Browser to verify installation. Exit the browser.
6. Re-enable any security software that was disabled in Step 2.