Instructors can enable the Screen Recording option for tests that require Respondus Monitor on a per exam basis.
The screen recording video for an exam session initially appears below the webcam video in the proctoring results.
Click (or touch) the screen recording video to make it the primary playback window. The rows of thumbnail images that appear below also switch to the screen recording view. Repeat this process to make the webcam video the primary focus again.
- Screen recording is only available for exams that use both LockDown Browser and Respondus Monitor.
- Screen recording is supported for Windows, Mac and Chromebook. There are currently no plans to offer screen recording for iPad users.
- Enabling screen recording (Chromebook)
- Enabling screen recording (Mac)
macOS 10.13 to 10.15 guide: https://respondus.knowledgeowl.com/home/macos-1015-catalina-screen-recording-permission-manual
- Institutions with managed devices will need to use LockDown Browser version 2.1.1.00 or later. Students won’t be able to access the exam if the screen recording option is enabled but the LockDown Browser version isn’t current.